Romancing the Bedroom is something we all need to do! We spend about a third of our lives in this room, so making it pleasing and comfortable will change your life. Learn to make custom bedspreads, coverlets, and duvet covers to make your bed more appealing and cozy. Add the right headboard, bed skirt, and shams and you'll never want to get out of bed! You will Learn:
- How to measure, cut, and calculate yardage
- What type of bed cover works best for each bed style
- Common sizes of mattresses and pillows
- Matching patterns at the seam
- Zipper insertion
- Types of bed covers
The four bedroom components covered are:
- Bedcovers: Duvets, bedspreads, coverlets with reverse shams.
- Bedskirts: Banding the deck, sewing with lining, tailored and gathered styles, adding split corners.
- Pillow Shams: zipper insertions, making a padded flange, with a corded edge.
- Headboard: step-by-step instructions on making a headboard, making ruching, padding a headboard, how to mount onto bed.